Tuesday, May 24, 2011

May 24 2011

I wonder why ones mind has so much power over ones actions?  I mean really here I am trying to do this diet thing and its like my mind is on a different page.  I get up, look in the mirror and say to my reflection "Right! Here we go!  Day 1 on of the diet! You know U want this!  You know u can do this!  Its only 30-40 lbs!  LET'S DO IT!"  Then 8 hours later I am reaching for the wine gums or some other non diet food!

I mean really!  Talk about the spirit being willing but the flesh being very very weak   That or the mind just refuses to play along!

I have been doing that the last few days and I finally had it yesterday and threw the whole mess out the window to the Universe and gave my lack of staying power up.  So far I have managed to hold it together for 2 days..yippee!  I really want this but it is really hard some days to give up the security of the "fat suit".  Its safe behind it and I know where I stand in the world. 

I have gotten to the point where this layer of the "fat suit"  is getting to the inner person that I see myself as.  So the question now is am I brave enough to take of the next layer?

No comments:

Post a Comment