Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Mirror Effect

The mind is a powerful thing. It can play major tricks on a person and it can also mess with how a person views the world.

For example, I have lost or gotten rid of 65 lbs in the past year.  Apparently, based on what everyone tells me, the weigh loss is very visible. Also according to my clothes I have lost the weight.  But when I see current pictures of myself, I see the 265 lbs me and not the me that everyone see.  I wonder why?

It is very demoralizing and undermines my determination to lose more.  It is a struggle everyday and I can't look at a picture of myself because I am left with the question"why am I doing this?"

So I have resorted to tricking my mind, not looking at pictures and a hell of a lot of self talk!  This week is has worked...but at the end it is an hourly struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment