Wednesday, May 25, 2011

School Motto

At last count I have been to 16 schools.  That was when I was 14...there were more schools after that.  Let's call my new school QE...and that school had a motto:

"To be the best that I can be. Being what I am. With the gifts that I have got."

So simple yet so real and right.

In this crazy busy world that we live in, we forget the simple. The right. The true.  We focus on the bullshit. The newest fad. The name brand clothes, shoes, etc. We forget that we are all that we need. 

Inside each of us is the potential to be great.  I don't mean the hero type of great.  I mean the great to effect someone else life in a positive manner.  I think that my old school motto teaches that very thing.

Look at Oprah...I watched her last show today. She totally embodies that motto.  She have shown that it can be done.  Look at all the people she has touched...big and small.  People who watch her show and don't even realise that she planted a seed. 

So I am going to put that motto into dailly use....

TO BE THE BEST THAT I CAN BE!  BEING WHAT I AM! WITH THE GIFTS THAT I HAVE GOT.

No comments:

Post a Comment